I haven’t been a big presence on my blog lately because I have been writing ALL THE THINGS!! Just everything there is to write, I’ve been doing it!
Many people keep asking me:
- How are things going with Breathing Water?
- When is the sequel coming out?
- What are you working on now?
- Why do you keep asking me if I know how to sail a pirate ship?
Let me take a little break from writing everywhere else in the world and do some writing here. For my friends and fans who deserve it!
- Things are going fantastically! I sold out of my entire stock and made a second order. This maybe doesn’t seem like too big of a deal but when investing ones own money into such an ordeal, to sell them all and not to have made a terrible mistake is a huge relief! I’m also booking more speaking events and book signings and stay tuned for Breathing Water to be reviewed on some book blogs soon!
- I’m setting myself a rather aggressive schedule and plan to have the sequel out this year. Hopefully in the summer. The book (title reveal coming soon!) has already been through it’s first round with the beta readers which means I’m already on my second round of edits! Things are progressing on schedule!!
- Besides working on book two in The Siren Anthology I’m also…
- Working on my blog (clearly not very well, though)
- Toying with a TV show for which I’ve already written the pilot. I’ve also outlined the entire first season but it needs some more love and attention when I’m not so consumed by mermaids.
- I have my first adult book in the beta process and am pretty excited to be writing things not suitable for children!
- I’m still doing Book Club, Roller Derby, Soup Night, Nannying, Napping, Eating Cheetos, and I have a new idea in the works. Generally I’m staying very busy.
- I need to learn how to sail a ship for research, obviously. It’s for my adult book. About pirates. All very exciting. Do you know how to sail a pirate ship? Can you teach me!!
Sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed by it all and sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support!! Thank you all for your encouragement and curiosity! The questions about my progress are more motivating than you might think.
As you can see, I’m making lists. And I’m getting shit done. More and more exciting things are coming up and you’ll be the first to know!!